What is St. Mark’s Festival
- Spiritual Competition among the Coptic Churches: Study Spiritual subjects and get tested on them; as well as competitions in sports, computer, research, etc.
- Organized by the Bishopric of Youth: Always had competitions, then started St. Mark’s Festival to include churches all over Egypt
- Started in Egypt first
- Coptic Churches in other countries started participating later
- The churches in the USA and Canada started participating in 2009
Purpose of the Festival
- Unity of all the members of the Church: all the members of the Coptic Church are doing the same activity all over the world.
- Spiritual Benefits: Bible Study, Church History, Dogma, Rituals and lives of Saints; as well as learning the Coptic language and church hymns
Categories of the Competition
- Coptic Language
- Creative Writing
- Research Paper
- Sports (Basketball, Ping Pong, Soccer & Volleyball)
For Curriculum, Rules and other Mahragan Details, Click Here